There are many risks inherent with being a marina operator. One potential exposure is that you may become legally liable for loss or damage to vessels in your care, custody and control. Another is that you could be held liable for bodily injury or death of third parties utilizing your facilities. To cover these exposures you will need an insurance package called Marina Operator’s Legal Liability. Our experts can tailor this package to fit the specific needs of any marina operation including yours. Depending on your needs and the package arrangement, coverage for liabilities can include:
- Third party property damage to vessels resulting from:
- Storage of vessels, both in water and on land
- Mooring of vessels, either at dock facility or on mooring buoys
- Hauling or launching vessels
- Moving vessels within marina
- Fuelling operations
- Sudden & accidental pollution
- Third party personal injury
- Defense costs and coverage of legal fees
- Transient moorage
Marina Operators Legal Liability is designed to address specific exclusions (regarding care, custody and control of a vessel or vessels) found in your General Liability policy. It is critical that your insurance coverage is designed correctly so the specific needs of your operations are being met and all of your assets are covered. Is the safety net for your operations in place?
For more information regarding Marina Operators Legal Liability and to find out how we can maximize your coverage and reduce your premium(s) contact us directly today.